Restore Physical Health Through Different Treatments
Not all the time people are physically healthy and fit. There are situations like accidents that may cause injuries. So, it is advisable to take medicines or undergo surgery to treat an injury. But, many believed that another treatment doesn’t need to undergo surgical or medicinal methods, which is safe and effective.
Active Physiotherapy is a form of physical therapy that promotes, maintains, or restores health through the following:
- Physical examination
- Patient education
- Physical intervention
- Disease prevention
- Health promotion
A person who performs physical therapy is called a physiotherapist.
What does a physiotherapist do?
A physiotherapist helps people affected by illness, disability, or injury through exercise and movement, education, advice, and manual therapy. A physiotherapist maintains the health of people, of all ages, helping them to prevent disease and manage pain. They help to encourage improvement and facilitate recovery, enabling people to stay at work while remaining independent as much as possible.
Why choose physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is based on a degree healthcare profession. They use skills and knowledge to improve a wide array of conditions associated with various systems of the body, namely:
- Cardiovascular (rehabilitation after a heart attack, chronic disease)
- Neurological (multiple sclerosis, stroke, Parkinson’s)
- Respiratory (cystic fibrosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma)
- Neuromusculoskeletal (whiplash associated disorder, back pain, arthritis, and sports injuries)
A physiotherapist works in various specialisms in social and health care. IN addition to that, some physiotherapists are involved in research, education, and service management.
Types of physiotherapy
Physiotherapy helps people take advantage of the treatment. The therapy uses a combination of exercise-based and hands-on manual techniques to help patients achieve the best results. There are plentiful physiotherapy benefits, from increasing the range of body flexibility and motion.
Here are the three types of physiotherapy:
- Musculoskeletal therapy. A type of physical therapy deals with the recovery of the musculoskeletal system function that consists:
It is referred to as orthopedic physiotherapy. The therapy increases mobilization, rectifies injuries, decreases pain, and treats soft-tissue damage.
- Pediatric physiotherapy. A type of therapy that focuses on the physical needs of the following:
Children with various neuromuscular, skeletal, or developmental disorders benefit from it. Pediatric physiotherapy is aimed to alleviate pain, enhance gross and fine motor skills in children, facilitate better cognitive processes, and help to regain range of strength and motion.
- Sports physiotherapy. It is a special branch of physical therapy dealing with athletes and sports professionals. A sports therapist is dedicated to helping and treating injuries related to exercises at a different level. The therapy helps athletes back to their full form and gets rid of the pain. It focuses on the overall development and performance of the patient.
If you are suffering from injury and want to perform the safest recovery, choose physiotherapy.